Guidelines: 7. Memory-Making
- Most parents highly value photos and mementos of the baby who died and want a record of both/all babies together
- Individualise: some parents may not want ‘traditional’ memory boxes
- Keep all copies of photos and other mementos: parents may not want them at the time, but regret not having them later
- Foot & handprints and memory boxes are highly treasured.
- Joint memory boxes, photos & prints etc., may be possible
- Consider if it is possible to see and hold both babies at the same time.
We focus on giving them memories to take away.
We talk to families more now. We get feedback, and try to act on it.